Monday, January 30, 2012

Why is it that a girl who plays video games is thought to be...?

I play video games, i have since the original nes. when i play online most men think im a little boy, not bc of my voice but bc "girls dont play video games, they paint their toe nails."(yes i was actually told this). once guys realize im a girl they get really caustic. they then say that i must be a lesbian, cant get a guy bc im fat and ugly, and/ or have no life? the insults get worse when i beat them. i have met other females who play and they hear the same insults. the thing is im not a lesbian,im not fat, im not ugly, and i do have a life. (im married, im a full-time mom, and a full-time student w/ a 4.0. oh and my toe nails are painted lol) its not like im a serious gamer. i only play for recreation and to unwind. my question is, why do guys not like girls who play video games? i will admit i have found a few that think its cool. they tell my husband he is lucky he has a wife who plays a first person shooter online w/ him, but more often it is guys who are offensive. its not like i go around saying all men who play video games are 40 yr old virgins who live w/ their moms, so y do guys try to stereotype and insult me for doing the same thing they do? U would think a guy would love to have a gamer gf. is it only ok if ur girl games but not others?Why is it that a girl who plays video games is thought to be...?
Stereotypes say that video games as well as maybe football watching, car racing, military service and so on are something best done by males. Of course, those are just some conservative haters.

I, personally, am from that men who find it cool (your husband is lucky)! :) Really! Some people tell me and my fellow gamers (men) we are nolifers and so on, which drives me insane. We, like you, think of them as a recreation and entertainment. In fact, not only gamers are being attacked - many different hobbies are also an subject of mockery, the haters are tireless. My advice - don't let them - they feed on your anger, leave them hungry! :P
Unfortunately, there are some men who are intimidated by women who encroach on "their" space. Videogames are way more mainstream. Most of the guys who are being caustic are actually teens who are flexing their anonymous muscle (because they have none). Keep on gaming and mute the folks who don't get that it is 2011, not 1950.Why is it that a girl who plays video games is thought to be...?
Most people who act like that are immature and still in their "puberty stage". I dont know why alot of boy or guys act like that, its as if they have never seen a "female" before.



Your best off to ignore people who act like that towards you. You do end up meeting some nice mature people online.
the only guys who do that are immature and of school age. they are ignorant and childish. I've never had that happen to me except over the xbox while playing halo 3 so i killed them all over and over again and won so they probably walked away with their tails between their legs like dogs.Why is it that a girl who plays video games is thought to be...?
Go to /v/ and spend a few days there



You'll know why
Games were never just created for the male audience! ( Well mabey in the old fashioned days)But now we are in the 20th Century! Anyone can play them no matter what sex you are. But if men know that your a girl they usually kill you in shooting games... and think its funnny.... but we can show them!!!! And it doesnt mean your Fat and Ugly becuse you play games if the Men called you that they are obviously Fat %26amp; Fugly themselfs.



%26amp; what i have learnt from men, Some are really Fat and Scary looking and yet they judge if someone is hot or not? they need to take a look in the mirror!



Keep playing your games! Peace out to you Girl!
Ok here it is..

First of all, coming across a girl who loves video games is like winning the lottery. Its super awesome but not the most common thing, so you can forgive the couple guys who MATURELY react to a girl in the lobby. That, or the fact that they're jealous or (what word am i looking for here) offended? that they have played against or lost to a girl because, well, your a girl lol. But, by all means, ridicule the 13 year old who shouldn't even own Halo in the first place who tells you to make him a "sammich".

Second of all, the whole thing about a stereotype where if you play video games, you have no life is obviously false... I mean just because I raid dungeons or shoot terrorists in my off time doesn't mean i can hold on to a job?

So all I can say is be a trooper and you about 3x cooler than the other girls in the world.

But before I go I'll leave you with a thought. Howcome I can play call of duty for 24 hours straight and be cool but I play 2 hours of WoW and I'm automatically a nerd.
they see one person doing it so they do it too

in some games they will say in an area where alot of people can see "girls don't play games" and then they will wait for all the girls to tell them "I'm a girl and I play this game"

what guy wouldn't do it again after they receive so much attention from girls? its a vicious cycle and I happen to find myself involved in this cycle quite often

No comments:

Post a Comment